The following grading system is used by the Pottsgrove High School:
93-100 = A
85-92 = B
77-84 = C
70-76 = D
0-69 = F
Grades of individual assignments determine each marking period's (quarter) grade. In addition, Mid-term and Final exams are included to calculate a student's Final grade for the course as follows...
|Quarter 1 |
|Quarter 2 |
|Mid-Term Exam |
|Quarter 3 |
|Quarter 4 |
|Final Exam |
|Final Grade |
Nomination for Homecoming Court:
Cumulative weighted GPA of > or = to 85 (uses final Y1 grade from previous year) and no discipline referrals
National Honor Society Minimum Requirements for Eligibility:
- Distinguished Honor Roll - A student must maintain a 93% or higher in all subject areas and citizenship grades must be an "S" or "O" in all subject areas.
- Honor Roll - A student must attain 85% or higher in all subject areas and citizenship grades must be an "S" or "O" in all subject areas.
- Candidates must have a GPA of 93% or higher at the time of application
- Candidates must have an average of 90% or higher (weighted average) in all major subjects and required minors meeting at least three times per cycle, each quarter of the semester preceding induction.
- All scholastic scores of the candidate must not be below 85% in any subject for one full year prior to induction.
- All citizenship grades of the candidate must be an "S" or "O" during the current and prior year of application.
- Freshmen are not eligible.