- May 10, 2013 is our Basket Bingo. Please try to come out and support our school.
- EARLY DISMISSAL DAY is on May 8, 2013
- The 100 book club, "Popcorn for Books" will end on May 10, 2013. All of your recording sheets need to be in by May 14, 2013. The children that read 100 or more books will receive a t-shirt. Thanks for participating!
- Book Swap is May 18 and it will be our last one of the year.
- AIMS WEB benchmark testing will be given the week of the 13th.
- Field Day is on May 24, 2013. You should have received two pink papers regarding this event. Let me know if you did not receive them. PTO has purchased t-shirts for this event for our class. Thanks again PTO!
HOMEWORK- The May homework packet was missing its first page. I sent that page home in your child's Falcon Folder. Hopefully, it will make it home. If not, let me know!
- Write with chalk outside
- Use bath crayons or markers to practice writing
- Build words, letters or names using food (pretzel sticks, Skittles)
- Let children have a journal to draw and write in
- Make words in sand or out of play-doh
- Play word bowling-Write words or numbers on empty plastic bottles and let children bowl over the words. Make students read the words they knocked down.
- Play flashcard basketball-Students name the words or number correctly and they will get to take a shot. See who can rack up the most points.
- Play "I" spy words
- Have a word, letter, or number scavenger hunt