The Pottsgrove School District is a suburban school district that is located in western Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The district is comprised of three townships surrounding the Borough of Pottstown. They form a "horseshoe," starting with Lower Pottsgrove Township in the east and northeast, Upper Pottsgrove Township to the northwest, and West Pottsgrove Township to the west. The Schuylkill River, which flows from west to east toward the Delaware River, comprises two boundaries of the District, one to the west of Pottstown and the other to the east.
The Pottsgrove School District consists of five schools. Two elementary schools grades K-2, one elementary school grades 3-5, one middle school grades 6-8, and one high school grades 9-12.
The strengths of the District are strong community support for the schools, a dedicated staff, and an active student body. There is a high level of participation in a wide variety of co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
The mission of the Pottsgrove School District is to educate and inspire all students to excel as productive, responsible citizens, and lifelong learners.
- Our students will attain their fullest potential while exhibiting a love of learning, a passion for excellence, and respect for humanity.
- Our students will demonstrate proficiency relative to state and district standards.
- Our graduates will be productive contributors to a changing global society.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Effective communication is vital.
- All people deserve to be physically and emotionally safe.
- All people have value and deserve respect.
- People are ultimately responsible for their own actions.
- Higher expectations yield better results.
- The responsibility and benefit of education is shared by the family, student, school, and community.
- Planning and collaboration are essential.
- Adapting to change is essential to meeting the challenges of life.
- Positive self-esteem improves the quality of life.
- All people can learn.
- All people have a right to equal access to educational opportunities.